In 1979 CBS introduced us to the Star Wars Holiday Special where we learned important things like:
- Wookies celebrate Life Day (starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Day)
- Bea Arthur runs the Star Wars cantina with the ruthless efficiency of Amelia
- A long time ago in a galaxy far far away Harvey Korman was the first cross dresser
- Carrie Fischer can't sing
- Boba Fett is amazing even in cartoon form (maybe more so)
We realize this is all a lot to take in. Blame the 70s.
Enter the Georgia 501st, a hardcore group of Star Wars fans who help different charities around the state while impressing everyone with their amazing commitment to costuming.
Together we want to help Genesis Shelter, a local organization that takes in newborns and their families. This holiday season they are especially in need of gift cards to CVS, Kroger and Publix, bath towels, blankets, and comforters. And they are always in need of cleaning supplies (think Clorox Wipes). We will also be accepting cash donations.
So on Fri Dec 20th:
- Mingle, dance, take photos, and make out with Stormtroopers
- Watch the original Holiday Special from 1979
- Spin the PRIZE WHEEL (with donation) for prizes you can't live without
- Come in a Star Wars costume and get 20% off your drink bill
- Drink Orga Root Beer*
*We don't fully know what Orga Root is so you're just going to get our homemade ginger beer (goes great with booze).