We're stepping outside of our box Sunday March 16th…
DANCE PARTY! DJ black Sunshine is spinning the best of 90's R&B and Hip-Hop all night long.
But since it's uncomfortable outside of our box, we are bringing our safety blanket: charity for a local shelter. This time we want to aid the amazing work being done at Trinity House down on the block on Bell St.. We called upon Joystick staples Tecate and Four Roses to help us out. Every penny you spend on those two libations will go directly to Trinity House. Which means all you need to do is drink and dance and you can call yourself a humanitarian!
More info on the event:
More info on Trinity House:
ParkAtlanta is a soulless, vile corporation that seems to encourage it's employees to be ruthless, underhanded, and devoid of empathy. If you've fallen victim to their foul practices then we think you deserve a drink.
Bring your ParkAtlanta ticket in this Monday, February 10th for a FREE SHOT plus 10% OFF your drinks.
And if you see a ParkAtlanta employee, be sure to encourage them to join us. We think it'd fun.
Kysha is as excited as we are that BlueTarp Brewing Co. is taking over our taps tonight and tomorrow (February 4th & 5th). Come try four beers from this local Decatur brewery.
– BantamWeight Ale — 4.5% ABV — 21 IBUs — Full flavored session ale inspired by traditional Irish Red ales
– Last Place Stout — 11.3% ABV — 92 IBUs — Big hoppy bitterness and rich deep coffee notes fade into dark chocolate sweetness
– Hopsided IPA — 6.6% ABV — 75 IBUs — Spicy floral and citrus hops dominate this everyday drinker
– Mother Hoppin' DIPA — 10.1% ABV — 93 IBUs — Anti-sessionable in nature, it's rich in malty sweetness and heavily dry hopped with Amarillo hops
Last week we asked you to save February 22nd. Why? For …
The Viking End of the World
"It is harsh in the world,
—an axe age, a sword age
—shields are riven—
a wind age, a wolf age—
before the world goes headlong.
No man will have
mercy on another."
- The Poetic Edda
It’s no surprise that we at Joystick are looking forward to the end of the world. And since the Mayans got it wrong, we’re pinning our hopes on the Norse having a better understanding on how all this works.
So come join us on Saturday, February 22nd to prepare for the final battle that will consume the world!
- See glorious beards
- Meet Odin
- Converse with the Nordic ghost of Bea Arthur
- Free condoms*
- Meet the Old Slavic** Crone Baba Yaga who will be casting runes & telling your short future
* We'll keep giving them away until we run out of the enormous stash we have of them.
** Why Slavic? Turns out all the Nordic Crones are already booked. End of the world and all.
Tonight, January 7th, we are having a Surprise Pop-Up Donkey Kong Tournament.
Come in from 7pm to 8pm to sign up. You will have 5 minutes to get the highest score possible. The person with the highest score gets $25 in cold hard cash money.
It’s that simple.
In honor of the great Wookie holiday, Life Day, please join us here at Joystick for a celebration with the 501st Georgia Garrison benefiting Genesis Shelter.
In 1979 CBS introduced us to the Star Wars Holiday Special where we learned important things like:
- Wookies celebrate Life Day (starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Day)
- Bea Arthur runs the Star Wars cantina with the ruthless efficiency of Amelia
- A long time ago in a galaxy far far away Harvey Korman was the first cross dresser
- Carrie Fischer can't sing
- Boba Fett is amazing even in cartoon form (maybe more so)
We realize this is all a lot to take in. Blame the 70s.
Enter the Georgia 501st, a hardcore group of Star Wars fans who help different charities around the state while impressing everyone with their amazing commitment to costuming.
Together we want to help Genesis Shelter, a local organization that takes in newborns and their families. This holiday season they are especially in need of gift cards to CVS, Kroger and Publix, bath towels, blankets, and comforters. And they are always in need of cleaning supplies (think Clorox Wipes). We will also be accepting cash donations.
So on Fri Dec 20th:
- Mingle, dance, take photos, and make out with Stormtroopers
- Watch the original Holiday Special from 1979
- Spin the PRIZE WHEEL (with donation) for prizes you can't live without
- Come in a Star Wars costume and get 20% off your drink bill
- Drink Orga Root Beer*
*We don't fully know what Orga Root is so you're just going to get our homemade ginger beer (goes great with booze).
We have met all sorts of amazing folk in the Atlanta gaming community. Many of which we have gone on to work with. Atlanta Arcade Collectors has consistently been great. If you are ever looking for an amazing arcade cabinet be sure to check them out here:
Thursday, December 5th Peachtree NORML will be hosting a donation drive here at Joystick for the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Please come from 7p-10p to donate an unwrapped goodie and have a drink with the guys and gals of NORML.
Mark your calendars and tell your friends. We are, again, asking for your help.
Thursday, November 14th we are holding a Can & Coat Drive in conjunction with Yelp Atlanta. All night long we will be accepting canned goods, non-perishable food, and men's clothing (especially warm winter wear). These items will help downtown Atlanta's homeless population via the good work of the Atlanta Recovery Center - a fantastic organization that has been helping Atlanta's men help themselves though counseling and housing since 1969.
And if you're here with a donation during the hours of 7:30pm and 9:30pm then you will be able to spin the Yelp Wheel of Prizes and Death! (Seriously, you guys. Yelpers don't play.) Prizes include swag and free drinks. Death includes dying. (Ya'll! Yelp is serious business.)
Oh, and we should mention, that for those two hours Yelp is buying all your games! Which means: freeeeee plaaaaaaaay! And if you are able to give an old coat or some food, you'd probably really make someone's day.
Click the below links for more info on the event and the Atlanta Recovery Center. Hope to see you the 14th!